- Both the source and target programs need to be active for the contacts to pass from one to another. If either is frozen or paused, the contacts will exit the source program.
- The Automation Center will not let you join programs in a circle (A->B->C->A).
- If the source program collects external data (e.g. from an External Event entry node), this data will only be available in the source program and will not transfer to the target program.
- You can connect one program only to a single target program with the Transfer to program node, but you can connect multiple Transfer to program nodes to the same target program.
- You cannot change the source program in the entry node of the target program. You can only edit this connection by using the Transfer to program node of the source program.
- A source program can have multiple Transfer to program nodes where all are connected to different target programs.
- The Entry from program node runs once a day and deduplicates contacts before it starts, therefore there is no risk that the same contact will enter twice on one day. However, there is no reason that contact cannot enter it the next day, depending on your Participation Settings.
Tips:: Connecting programs