The Automation Center can be found under Automation > Automation.
You can see all your Automation Center programs on the Automation Programs page.
As a quick reminder, here is the onboarding video about Program Creation with Nodes:
Switching programs to the New Editor
What happens to programs after switching to the New Editor?
- If your program contains the Didn’t respond to email or Didn’t click link node, then it will be paused for a maximum of 10 minutes. You will not lose any data while your program is paused, new contacts cannot enter it but they are queued and will enter it after reactivating your program. Contacts already in the program will not advance in it.
- Active programs built in the legacy editor will keep their Advanced participation settings in the New Editor and you will not lose your participation data. Please note that you cannot use the Advanced participation settings in programs built in the New Editor. Don’t worry, the Participation check node will be available in the Automation Center in the upcoming months.
- Programs will keep all their data except for your program and node descriptions. Don’t worry, a new functionality that allows you to add comments to the canvas and rename nodes will be available in the upcoming months.
Features and updates coming soon
We really appreciate your feedback. Please share your thoughts on the New Editor with us by clicking Give us feedback in the bottom right corner. Your feedback is sent directly to our Product team responsible for developing and improving the Automation Center. Based on the feedback we have received so far, the following features and updates will be available soon:
|When?||Features and updates|
|April 2021 (before switching all Automation Center programs to the New Editor)||
|In the upcoming weeks||
|In the upcoming months||
Creating a program
Here is what you need to do to create an Automation Center program:
Hover your mouse over the nodes to get more information on what they do.
- Before a program can be scheduled, it must have passed all validation checks.
- Scheduled programs can be paused, in which case they will not become active when their start date is reached. If the start date has already passed when you reactivate the program, you receive a warning message that the program will start immediately, and you have the option to change the start date to a date in the future.
- You should never navigate away from a program before you see the Save message in the bottom right corner. Remember that for more complex programs, it may take up to a minute to save.
- If you work on a complex program, save frequently and wait until the confirmation notice is displayed.
- Before activating a program, it must fulfill a number of conditions. For example, all nodes must contain content, and must have the mandatory settings defined (e.g. subject line for emails).
- Validation errors are displayed above the affected notes. Hover your mouse over the icon for details of the error.
- Errors in program settings are checked and displayed on Activation.
- Clicking Activate in the Program Status drop-downs tarts the program, unless a start date in the future has been entered. Provided all validation checks have been passed, the program is now live and contacts can enter and progress along it as expected.
- Once a program is active, there are a number of other actions you can perform in the Program Status drop-down. For more information, see Program status and actions.