This article provides you information for setting up and managing mobile apps.
To navigate to the Apps section, go to Channels > Mobile Engage >Apps tab.
A list of your app using the Mobile Engage service is displayed here.
You can see the App Code, the App name, Platform, the date it was Created and last Changed.
For more information, see Custom data fields.
The are two methods for debugging:
This information will help you in debugging your API integration by examining the first test installs and incoming events. You can then check the correct installation and responses for API calls.
Add an app to the account
- Click on Create App on the top right of the screen.
- Add the App name, Icon URL and Default language, then click Save.
The Icon URL is used for the Preview display only.
- The App details page will now be displayed. The details shown are:
- App Name - The name if the app set on the previous section.
- Icon URL - The URL of the icon to be used for Previews.
- Default language - The default language of the app.
- Mobile Engage API (App code) - The Emarsys generated app code. This code is required to be configured within the SDK to allow for account identification.
- Emarsys fields (Anonymous contact identifier) - This is the contact ID for identifying anonymous contacts so to avoid duplication. By default, the configuration is [App name] Anonymous contact identifier. It is recommended to leave it on this configuration. The known contact ID is configured on the SDK within the app.
- Platforms (Add iOS / Add Android) - This section is to add the server keys and certificates needed to send Push message via Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) and Firebase for Android.
- App audience - Provides details of the Total app installs, Opt-ins and Active contacts. The Opt-ins are defined as the contacts that have push enabled and Active contacts are contacts that have interacted with the app within the past 30 days.
- API Token Secret - This is an internal API token used to prevent spoofing. It is not used with the app directly (i.e. not configured within the SDK).