- For more information on handling large numbers of contacts at a time, see Batches are better.
- If your program starts with a batch entry point, you cannot add additional batch, transactional or recurring entry nodes to the same program.
- Please note that segment results are cached for 10 minutes. So, if you run the same segment again within 10 minutes, you will get the previous (cached) results. This applies to the Segment, Exclude and Filter switch nodes.
In this node you select a target segment to enter the program, which can be used as a starting point for a batch program that goes through further actions before sending the email.
- When the program is activated, the segment will refresh and all the relevant contacts then proceed to the next step in the process.
After launching a program that starts with the Target segment entry point, you cannot modify any of the nodes in it, including disabling or enabling them.
- Batch programs starting with the Target Segment entry point will only run once when the program is activated. The program will be running until all contacts are processed, therefore the end date cannot be scheduled.
- Currently, you can only choose an existing Contact data or Smart Insight segment here.
- Since January 2022, campaigns sent from batch Automation Center programs that start with the Target segment entry point appear as child campaigns on the Email Analysis page. By default, the most recently launched campaign is shown.
Please note that the On auto-import node behaves as a batch entry point in programs that are created after 13 September, 2021. It will still function as a transactional entry point and the corresponding rules apply to programs that were created before this date. Batch entry point rules apply to programs that are created after this date.
This node allows the contacts of an auto import to enter the program as soon as the import completes.
The following limitation applies to programs starting with the On auto-import entry point that were created before 13 September, 2021:
Although the Automation Center can typically handle batches of up to 250,000 contacts, the performance of the On auto-import node may drop considerably for larger batches if there are a lot of columns in the import. To reduce the risk of your program being put into fail-safe mode, you should break larger imports up into smaller batches or use the API.