This article provides you the DNS and the domain records to enable and authenticate your email accounts.
- Please note that Emarsys recommends the use of the settings found in this guide from July 2022, as they are simpler and more secure. Although old settings are still supported, we recommend that you update them to the new values. If you need assistance, please contact Emarsys Support.
- The information and examples listed on this page assume that your sending domain is a subdomain of your company or of an e-commerce domain. For example: email.mybrand.com or email.yourwebsite.com
New SAP Emarsys DNS settings
Before configuring your domain settings, take the following into consideration:
- You are aware of your from domain and link domain that are associated with your organization or brand.
- Please make sure that your domains are properly specified because the fields in the table will be populated based on the entered values.
Name - In the text boxes change the value according to your domain.
Important: If hosting your own replies: you must ensure you can receive all reply emails.
Remember that the subdomain is what your customers will see in the From address of the emails you send them, for example: firstname.lastname@example.org). Give the subdomain a name that fits the purpose and easily identifiable to your customers, for example "email" or "webshop". Do not use "emarsys" as a part of a sender domain, address or name.
Use Emarsys Reply Management if you are unable to host your own replies. Set up your From email addresses in the Reply Management page (Contacts menu > Reply Management).
|Item||Explanation||Good Examples||Bad Examples|
The domain is used to send emails, which is visible to recipients when they open your email.
Subdomains of your trusted website or e-commerce domain:
Spam-like domains, these may fail to be delivered:
The domain used to track and serve the links in your emails.
Considerations: Migrating from other email service or ESP
When migrating to Emarsys you need to change your sender domain. It is technically possible to repoint email domains from your current ESP to Emarsys, but this risks the impacted links, images and other functionality in the emails already sent.
Creating new email subdomains allows you to work with Emarsys and your current ESP, with a simple and smooth handover process.
For more information about migrating your email sending to the SAP Emarsys Customer Experience platform, see Switching marketing platform to SAP Emarsys.
Additional sender domains
If you have multiple Emarsys accounts, optionally you can use the same sender domain for all of them.
There are some good reasons to have multiple sender subdomains, and this is the perfect opportunity to create them.
- Many ISPs recommend separate domains for separate email types (e.g. for customer acquisition campaigns, for customer lifecycle campaigns and for operational emails), so that your sending behavior is consistent per domain.
- You can have different domains per brand, language or even department.
Consider a separate sender domain, especially if you are using our Triggered Email product, and in order to differentiate your transactional with marketing streams.
For more information, see Marketing and transactional subdomains - should we make the separation?
It is not recommended to define a separate domain, for sending fewer than 40-50,000 emails per month. Achieving good sender reputation is difficult with a separate domain, if you send emails below this monthly limit.