Deleting individual contacts
To delete a single contact:
- Use the API endpoint Delete a Contact.
- Search for them using the Search function and click the skull icon to delete them from your database.
- Open a segment or list to display the contacts and click the skull icon to delete them from your database.
Deleting entire lists of contacts
To delete a batch of contacts:
- Create a contact list and go to Admin > Delete Contacts.
- Click the skull icon to delete the list and all the contacts in it.
- This is a useful way to clean up your database (for example by deleting all contacts who you know to be invalid).
- Deleting a large list may take a few minutes.
- In order to delete contacts, you need administrator rights.
Deleting a contact in a contact list
Alternatively, you can use the Remove Contacts from the Contact List endpoint as well.
Deleting a contact list but not the contacts in it
If you only want to remove a contact list from your account without touching any of the contacts in it:
- Use the API endpoint Delete a Contact List.
- Go to Contacts > Contact Lists and click the trash icon to remove the contact list.