Emarsys is the largest independent marketing platform company in the world. Our software enables marketers to send permission-based messages by email, SMS and other electronic channels.
All marketing emails sent via the Emarsys platform must have an unsubscribe link. Recipients of such emails can use this link to opt out of emails which they no longer want or are no longer relevant.
Note that some non-marketing messages are required to be sent (for example: receipts, alerts, billing information). These notifications are not obliged to contain an unsubscribe link. Anyone in receipt of any notifications they do not recognize, need or expect, should contact the sender directly.
At Emarsys, we expect our clients to follow all relevant digital marketing and data protection laws and adhere to industry guidelines for responsible marketing
Emarsys does not tolerate spam. If you know of, or suspect any violations, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Emarsys requires all its clients to comply with relevant legislation relating to digital marketing, electronic communications and the protection of personal data. These laws depend on where the sender and recipient are based.
Typical legal frameworks to follow are:
- The GDPR regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)
- The CAN SPAM Act of 2003 (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act)
- Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
- ePrivacy Directive (Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC)
- The Directive on Electronic Commerce (2000/31/EC)
Emarsys member agreement
As part of the contractual Terms of Service, Emarsys clients agree to send permission-based marketing and refrain from sending spam.
Any Emarsys client sending spam via our platform is subject to immediate investigation, risking contract and service termination and potential legal action.
Emarsys does not buy or sell mailing lists and does not endorse the use of purchased, rented or harvested mailing lists by any of our clients.
Reporting spam messages sent by an Emarsys client
Should you suspect that you may have received an unsolicited email from an Emarsys client, please send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full details of the sender name and/or from address.
- The email address the message has been sent to.
- The time and date you received the email.
- The full message header if possible.
Emarsys investigates every single spam complaint thoroughly. If we can trace the affected email address we immediately remove it from the client’s mailing list and address the issue directly with our client.
Emarsys supports the activities of the following anti-spam organizations:
- MAAWG – http://www.maawg.org/home
- TrendMicro’s MAPS (Mail Abuse Prevention System) – https://ers.trendmicro.com/
- Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email (CAUCE) – http://www.cauce.org
- Boycott Internet Spam – http://spam.abuse.net
- Spamhaus – http://www.spamhaus.org/
- Network Abuse Clearinghouse – http://www.abuse.net
- CSA - https://certified-senders.org