You can set up your Web Channel campaign for Automation Center (AC), once you have successfully selected your Web Channel campaign template.
Web Channel has two nodes in the Automation Center that allow you to add or remove contacts to your Web Channel campaigns:
- Web Channel - add
- Web Channel - remove
In this article we offer examples of how to build automated programs using Web Channel.
To create a newly built automated program using Web Channel templates, you need to perform the following:
1. Choose a pre-created, designed campaign. For details, see Selecting your campaign template. Optionally, you can select a blank campaign.
2. Define the general settings. For details, see General Settings page description.
Ensure that you set the Recipient source to the following:
- Automation Center
Building a Web Channel Automation Center program
To add a Web Channel node to your Automation Center program proceed as follows:
- Open your Automation Center program and insert the Web Channel - add node at the point where you want contacts to join the campaign.
- Double-click the node to see the options dialog; all the Web Channel campaigns set to use Automation Center are listed. Campaigns which are not yet used in any program are displayed in black and can be selected, while those already used in programs are displayed in gray. Select the campaign you want and save the node properties.
You can include multiple Web channel - add nodes in a single Automation Center program, but they will all reference the same Web Channel campaign.
3. Add a Web Channel - remove node where you want your contacts to stop seeing your campaign. This will typically come after a filter that checks to see if the contact has reached your campaign objective (i.e. the conversion criterion).
4. The Web Channel campaign will be activated once the program is launched, and its status will change to running.
Editing Web Channel campaigns in live programs
To edit the content or settings of a Web Channel campaign associated with an active program, do the following:
- Pause or Freeze the program. After a few minutes (5-10), the Web Channel campaign status will change from running to AC ready state.
- Make the changes to your Web Channel campaign. Any setting can be changed except for recipient source (which must remain Automation Center).
- When you resume your Automation Center program, the Web Channel campaign will be re-activated and the status will change back to running.
Unpairing campaigns with programs
If you no longer want to use a Web Channel campaign with a particular program, you have the following options:
- In the Automation Center, open the Web channel - add node.
- Change the campaign selection of the Web Channel - add node in your program as follows:
1. Click the Pencil icon next to your program on the Campaigns menu > Automation Center page.
2. Double-click the Web Channel - add node and choose another campaign.
There are some aspects of functionality which might result in unexpected behavior.
- 6-hour refresh - Running Web Channel campaigns are updated with new contacts every six hours, which means that it could take up to six hours for a contact to enter a campaign from a program.
- Lost contacts - Contacts can exit a program flow in a number of ways, for example:
In these cases, it is not possible for us to detect that the contact is no longer in the program, therefore they will remain in the audience of the Web Channel message until the program terminates. It is up to you to use the Web Channel - remove node to prevent this from happening.