What can I do here?
- You can get a general overview of your product category hierarchy and of the relative popularity of individual categories.
- You can look up and copy full category paths easily, in all the languages your store supports, which can come in handy when you create or work with content that is based on your product categories, such as Predict recommendations.
- Checking the category tree is something you may want to do when troubleshooting potential issues with your product data file. If the category hierarchy you see in Category Explorer does not match the one you have in your web store, then something went wrong during the import of your product categories.
How does it work?
Category Explorer displays the category tree of the products you successfully uploaded to Emarsys.
If you have submitted product data in multiple languages, you will also see a language selector in the top-right corner of the screen, which lets you switch between the various locales.
You can also copy a full category path to the clipboard. To do so, just hover your mouse cursor over a category and click the Copy button.
- There may be no data shown in the Popularity and Popularity change columns if your Web Extend implementation has only recently been completed or your website traffic is low. These fields will be populated once we have collected enough data.
- The information shown in the Category Explorer is updated once a day.
- A maximum of 500 sub-categories can be displayed under a single node, including the base level in Category Explorer at a time. If there are more categories, only 500 will be shown.
- If a category has not got any products available, Category Explorer does not display that category.
Category pages are unknownmessage appears on the Predict Data Source page, if a product belongs to an empty category, in which there are not any products available.