Before you start adding incentives to the campaign, you need to create the incentives and set their basic parameters, and upload the voucher pools to your account.
Create incentives and define their basic parameters
Here you can create incentives of different types. You can define the basic parameters that can be customized and skinned later, during the campaign creation.
Three types of incentives can be created:
- percentage discount
- price discount
- free shipping
You can also define a Minimum cart value that must be reached before an incentive can be used.
As a first step, we recommend creating all the types of incentives you want to use in your next campaigns and only after this should you start setting up campaigns with incentive configuration. The incentives created here are reusable as many times and in as many campaigns/programs as you wish.
Best practices for creating the incentive types
Here are some best practice suggestions:
- We advise creating maximum 10-12 incentive templates with varying types and values.
Note: having more incentive parameters in your incentive pool won’t yield better results.
- Consider adding both smaller and larger incentives than your current practice and also incentives of different types (percentage discount, fixed price, free shipping) so that our algorithm can meaningfully learn about the behavior of your contacts which will enable better performance.
- Using different incentives will give you better results. For percentages use at least 3% increments, fixed discounts use at least 10% value differences.
- We suggest to only use 3 to 8 different incentives from your pool in a single campaign.
- Please note: Having different minimum cart values for incentives will decrease initial results and slows down the learning process of the algorithm.
Upload voucher pools
To send out incentives with unique coupon or voucher codes, you have to upload a separate voucher pool for each incentive that you will send out with your next email.
For example, you want to send out 10%, 20% and 30% incentives with your next campaign, then you should upload voucher pools called e.g. IR-10%_coupon, IR-20%_coupon, and IR-30%_coupon.
To do so, go to the new Voucher Management service under the Add-ons menu.
- For the time being, only the voucher pools uploaded here would be available for Incentive Recommendation. "Old" voucher pools are not available for selection with this feature.
- Incentive Recommendation voucher pools are not personalization fields. Your customers will receive smart incentives based on their behavior history. If you would like to measure the effectiveness of your smart incentives, you can choose to send a fixed incentive to a control group made up of 50% of your recipients. For more information, see Measuring the effectiveness of smart incentives.
Here are some best practices for using the voucher pools:
- To make sure you have enough codes in your voucher pools, upload as many codes into these pools as you have contacts in your campaign's recipient source.
- Prepare visuals for vouchers, too. All references to voucher attributes (value, type, code etc.) should be visible on the image/html, as other parts of the email body will be visible both to customers who receive incentives and also those who do not.