We have prepared a number of articles to guide you through the minefield that is global data protection legislation.
1. GDPR and Data Protection - Overview
A general introduction to the topic, including:
2. What GDPR means to you as an Emarsys customer
Looking at our data protection obligations to you as our customer, and laying out the scope of our guidance and advice in this area, including:
- The most important things for you to know as an Emarsys customer
- What are the most important points of GDPR in a nutshell?
- How does the retrieval and deletion of our contact data work?
- Emarsys and Data Protection
3. GDPR FAQs for Emarsys customers
General questions on the specifics of GDPR.
4. GDPR and the Emarsys Platform
How GDPR affects the core Platform functionality, and how it affects individual products such as:
Everything you need to know about the Web Extend commands and cookies in terms of data protection, including:
- Web Extend and GDPR compliance
- Opting out of behavior tracking
- Retrieving or deleting historical data on request from a customer
- I'm not sure - I still want to disable Web Extend
- Data collected and stored by the Web Extend commands
- The Web Extend cookies
- How the Web Extend cookies work
- Email address as identifier in Sales Data files
An overview of what you need to do to obtain consent, with sample texts that you can use.