Everyone wants to feel special on their birthday. Make sure you don't miss this great opportunity for 1-1 engagement.
This demand generation Tactic engages contacts before and on their birthday and build loyalty to your brand.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Convert leads to first-time buyers
- Convert first-time buyers to active customers
- Retain active customers
- Win back inactive customers
- Win back defecting customers
For this tactic, the following channels are available:
- Web channel
- Digital Ads
- SMS (new)
Automation Center Program
The following image shows the program, with the basic email workflow as well as the SMS campaign (1) on the top path, and Digital Ads (2) and Web Channel (3) on the path below.
The program in the MAX AI package is built in the following way:
The Max AI elements
- After filtering contacts by their birthday occurring in the next seven days, there is a smart filter which uses the Predictive web engagement AI segment template, filtering contacts who are likely to engage on the web in the next 30 days. For these contacts, a web channel campaign is started.
- For contacts who are not likely to engage on the web, there is a smart filter which uses the Predictive email engagement AI segment template, filtering contacts who are likely to engage via email in the next 30 days. For these contacts, a birthday email is sent with incentive and product recommendations.
- Contacts who are not likely to engage via email in the next 30 days, a Digital Ads campaign is started.
Activating the Tactic
- Email campaign
- Personalization tokens
- Web channel campaign (if used)
- Digital Ads campaign (if used)
- SMS campaigns (if used)
- Swap the email and, if used, the SMS campaign in the Tactic with your campaign.
- Add the personalization tokens.
- Select your Web Channel campaign (if used).
- Select your Digital Ads audience (if used).
- Set the program's the Participation settings.
When setting the Participation settings for the Birthday program, please consider the following:
- If you set the program's Participation settings to 365 days, then it may happen that a contact cannot enter the program and will not be eligible to receive your treatment due to the following reason:
- Contacts can only enter the program again if the exact interval specified in the Participation settings has elapsed. It may happen that the program's runtime is finished a few minutes earlier and as a result, a contact cannot enter the program again.
- To avoid this issue, we recommend setting the Participation settings to an interval of less than 365 days.
- Optionally, you can test the program.
- Activate the Tactic.
Tips & hints
Regarding the email message content:
If you have already downloaded and updated the Tactics template, you already have made most of the necessary changes to the email content, and you only have to make the changes specific to this actual campaign (see Configuring a Tactic > Email campaigns for details).
As the first step of creating content for this Birthday Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations under the Birthday tab.