The type of the Recipient source defines how the launch list is generated. Here you can define the source either from a list or a segment, a form submission, an API call or via an event.
When you set External campaign or External event as your Recipient source, you cannot revert it to Segment or Contact list later on.
Segment - This changes dynamically with the Recipient source; here you select the actual source.
Segment results are cached for 10 minutes. So, if you run the same segment again within 10 minutes, you will get the previous (cached) results.
If you have chosen a simple segment or list as source, you can also choose from the following options to exclude contacts in a different list or segment from the launch list:
- Exclude a segment
- Exclude a contact list
- Ignore frequency cap - If this is activated, the frequency cap will be ignored for important event-triggered emails to ensure that your contacts do not miss any critical messages, such as password recovery.
This check box is only available for users with BI Administrator and Administrator access roles. Account owners can check the user access roles under Management > User Management.
- Ignore opt-in - If this is activated, Emarsys will ignore the opt-in status of your contacts when sending email campaigns.
Consider the following:
- If you would like to use the Ignore opt-in option, please contact Emarsys Support.
- Activate this check box only if you want to send the email campaign to your contacts regardless of their opt-in status.
- If you activated the Ignore opt-in option, please make sure that these emails do not contain any marketing content or promotional material. This option should be used only for sending transactional or service messages.
- Do not send to duplicate email addresses - If this is activated, Emarsys will ignore email addresses that occur more than once in the launch list, and send only to the first contact in the list.
We strongly recommend that you enable the Do not send to duplicate email addresses option only for simple batch campaigns launched without any schedule. (When this option is enabled, there is no unschedule button on the Schedule page.)
Enabling this option in other scenarios (A/B versions, test mails, Automation Center, Send Time Optimization, emails with case sensitive email addresses or email addresses having a space character at the end), can result in delivering emails to duplicate email addresses.
- CC - This option is only available for one-time emails. Activate it if you want to send a copy of the mail to another email address, e.g. for archive or reference purposes. Copies can only be sent to contact lists, not segments. The original recipients of your campaign will not see the other recipients cc'd in your campaign. If you use Send Time Optimization, only the first launch will be cc'd.
Make sure that contacts selected in the CC list are not part of the excluded contact list or segment (see Exclude). Otherwise, contacts in the CC list will not receive the copy of the campaign.
- Send this email also to - The contacts selected from the drop-down will not be included in the email analysis. This drop-down is available only if you have activated the CC check box.
- Frequency - If you have chosen a segment or list as source, you can define if this is a one-off or a recurring campaign.
Recurring campaigns launched via the email campaign editor must be set up by Emarsys Support. It is quicker and easier to create them yourself in the Automation Center using a Recurring filter entry point.
- BCC recipients - This feature is only available if your Recipient source is Generated through an event. This option is restricted to three email addresses, which must all belong to the main sender domain configured for your account. The original recipients of your campaign will not see the other recipients bcc'd in your campaign.