Distributing a campaign can be beneficial, for example, if you have different accounts for different regions or brands, where a localized version can be created from the same content.
For more information on Campaign Distribution watch the October 2023 Product Release video:
Please be aware of the following:
- Only multi-account users are enabled to distribute email campaigns or templates and your accounts must be connected by Emarsys. For setting up multi-account privileges and connecting your accounts, contact Emarsys Support.
- When distributing block-based email campaigns and templates, the distributed ones will keep the images and link domains of their parent account. If needed, you have to change these manually afterwards, in the receiving account.
- You cannot distribute assets if any ESL statements are used across different VCE blocks within an email. The opening and closing ESL statements must exist within a single VCE content block for this feature to work.
If you set the Block-Based Email type as default you can see the Create Block-Based Email button, otherwise you can see Create Email button.
Distributing a block-based email campaign
All the email campaigns that have been created in your account are listed on the Email Campaigns overview page. Go to Channels menu -> Email Campaigns.
Custom HTML-based or template-based email campaigns cannot be distributed.
To distribute a block-based campaign, proceed as follows:
2. In the drop-down lists select the Destination Account and the Owner.
If you have multi-account privileges and your accounts are connected by Emarsys you can select the account where you want to distribute the campaign in the Distribute a Copy of an Email Campaign window.
You can distribute campaigns to those accounts only, where you have login access rights, and your accounts are connected by Emarsys admin, otherwise the accounts won't be listed. Contact Emarsys support for setting up multi-account relations and your privileges.
3. Click the Distribute button.
You are notified on the progress of the distribution.
4. A notification is sent on the result of the distribution.
The owner of the target account is notified only if the distribution was successful.
To see every notification, switch off the Only important toggle in the Notification Center.
Not all elements of an email template or a campaign content are reusable in other accounts. In case of distributing account-specific content the settings (e.g.: "from" email address, link category, personalization placeholders) need to be reset in the new accounts.
Always test your campaign after distribution to make sure, all the appropriate settings and personalizations work properly in the new account.
Known issues and limitations
- Distribution among accounts based on two data types:
- Connected accounts: Accounts that belong to the same billing profile are connected by default. If you need to connect accounts with different billing information (e.g. in the case of different legal entities), please contact Emarsys Support.
In the case of accounts signed on Emarsys paper, the database of related accounts is synced monthly based on the billing cycle. Therefore, Program distribution will be available in Emarsys accounts from the date when the first billing links to the given account.
- Admin relations: Users assigned/have relation to the given account can launch a distribution to these specific target accounts.
If you do not see any connected accounts or you only see a limited number of accounts in the dropdown, please contact Emarsys Support.
Not all elements of the campaign are distributed
In case of distributing account-specific content and settings some elements have to be set up separately in different accounts. Not all elements of an email template or a campaign content are reusable in other accounts.
Personalization does not work in the distributed email campaign
The distributed personalization content elements e.g.: personalization placeholders, predict widgets have to be set up in the new account. It is highly recommended to test your distributed campaign.
Distributed email campaign is not updated automatically
Update is not automatic. Update the newly distributed campaign to have the HTML-specific translations and translate the content. Use the update campaign feature to adapt it to the target account's template.