Watch the Autumn Release 2022 video about the latest updates to Entry From Program:
- If your program starts with a recurring entry point, you cannot add additional recurring, transactional or batch entry nodes to the same program.
- Recurring programs create child campaigns for all emails used in them each time they run. If you are using an Email behavior segment (e.g. Email response open or click) in your program, then the segment will only contain those contacts who responded to all child campaigns they received (those who only responded to one or some of the child campaigns they received will not be included in the segment). To avoid this situation, we recommend using an email category for your campaign and selecting that category under the Responded to an email in at least one of the following categories option in your Email behavior segment.
- Please note that segment results are cached for 10 minutes. So, if you run the same segment again within 10 minutes, you will get the previous (cached) results. This applies to the Segment, Exclude and Filter switch nodes.
This node combines a Recurring schedule and a Filter. At the scheduled time, the filter will run and all contacts returned will enter the program.
For more information on segmentation, see Segment.
- The recurrence works in the following way:
- If the node is set to run the program every Friday and it is started on Tuesday, the program will first run on Friday in the same week.
- If the node is set to run the program every last day of every third month, the program will first run on the last day of the same month. The second run will be three months later.
- If you change the schedule of a program starting with the Recurring filter entry point, then please note that the program's start date is taken into account when calculating the next scheduled date instead of the date when you update it. For example, if you started a program that runs once a month on September 1 (Thursday) and change its schedule to biweekly on September 12 (Monday), then the program will run on September 15 (Thursday) the next time.
- To check the program's next scheduled run, open the Program Reporting screen, click the Recurring filter entry point in the Program Details widget and the schedule will be displayed in the Node Details widget.
Entry from program
This node is used in conjunction with the Transfer to program node, and the two in combination allow you to automate the transition of contacts from one program directly into another.
- Programs starting with this node are triggered every 10 minutes by the source program containing the Transfer to program node.
- Programs starting with this node behave like any other recurring program; that is, child campaigns are created for all the emails within the program, every time it is run.
- Programs starting with the Entry from program node that were created prior to September 27, 2022 still contain the built-in Wait node but now you can adjust or delete it according to your needs. Programs that were created after September 27, 2022 do not contain this built-in Wait node.
- Clicking this node will show a summary of all the programs connected to that program. New connections cannot be added or removed here, only via the Transfer to program node in the respective programs.
- You can switch to the workspace of the source program by clicking the Edit icon.
- You can check the reports of the source program by clicking the Reports icon.