The block description feature enables you to add short descriptions to each block when creating or editing an email template in the template view of the block-based email editor.
The added block descriptions are visible as tooltips both in the email template editor and in the Content Creation step in the email campaign editor.
Changes made to the block descriptions are visible only in the email campaign editor after updating the campaign with template changes to make sure the descriptions always belong to the latest version of the template.
Adding a block description comes in handy in the following cases:
- Providing textual help on how to customize a block.
- Giving additional information on how or when to use a block.
- Writing a status update of the modified block.
- Adding helpful tooltips to colleagues working on the email campaign.
The block descriptions (tooltips) are only visible internally, they are not part of the email content.
How to add a new or edit an existing block description
Here is what you need to do to add or edit a block description in an email template:
- Go to Content > Block-Based Templates.
- At the Your Templates page hover over the email template you intend to edit and click the Edit (pencil) icon to open it in the template editor.
- In the Blocks tab hover over the block and click the Edit (pencil) icon to open it in the source code editor.
- In the source code editor click the Add description button.
- Type your block description in 200 characters and click Save.
- Block descriptions are displayed as tooltips in the block-based email editor.