Contact criteria are based on your contact database and include both system and custom fields. For each field, the appropriate conditions are offered. For this reason it is important that you use the correct field type when creating custom fields.
The time it takes to run a contact segment depends on various factors such as:
- The number of queries running concurrently (a segment might be queued while another segment is running),
- The current database workload,
- The current API workload.
As a result of these factors, the runtime of the same segment might vary over time.
Please consider the following when using Predict contact criteria:
- Entries within the predict last ... categories and predict last ... products fields are separated by pipes (
- You cannot specify multiple values within a single Predict contact criteria filter. To add multiple values, you need to add each Predict contact criteria filter separately.
- The following examples show you how to use these fields:
predict last purchase categories contains
Men > shirts > slim fit
predict last purchase products contains
- predict last purchase categories contains
- For more information on these fields, see Web behavior fields.
Please note, that using string based contact filters, such as, "Does not contain" or "Begins with", with any value will not include contacts with an empty field for the specified criteria.
To include those contacts, you should use the filter combined with the "Is empty", for example "Is empty Or Does not contain" condition.
For example, when you want to create a segment for all contacts living outside a city (including those without location data) with a purchase history greater than 1000 USD, use the following segments:
Using the filter City - Does not contain - Budapest will not return contacts without location data.
Some date fields are dynamic, meaning they are calculated by Emarsys when the segment is generated. These are mostly date-related fields such as Age.
You can use only segments that contain exclusively contact criteria in Interactions programs.
To check whether a segment can be used in Interactions programs, open the segment by clicking the Edit button on the Contacts menu > Segments page and check the message displayed on the bottom of the page. You can select a segment if you see this message: "This segment is ready for use in Interactions programs."
When you have finished adding the contact criteria, select the AND/OR operator and add the Email and mobile behavior criteria.