This article provides you information on the Mobile Engage reporting feature.
Checking campaign-specific reporting
You can find the following information on this tab:
- By default, statistics collected during the last 7 days are displayed here. To change the selected interval, click the time range field below the name of the push message.
- You can display detailed information related to the campaign by clicking the View Details button. The following items will be displayed:
- Message name – Name of the push message.
- Interval – The selected time range.
- App name – Name of the application.
- Recipient source – The selected recipient source.
- Segment name – Name of the selected segment.
- Status – Status of the Mobile Engage campaign.
- Trigger Criteria – The selected trigger criteria.
- Exit Criteria – The selected exit criteria.
- Total sent – The total number of push messages sent.
- Opens (Direct opens) – The total number of push messages opened.
- Below you can see the most common error messages:
- You can find detailed statistics on the graph. To display more information, hover your mouse over the graph. You can select a single or multiple categories by checking or unchecking the checkbox next to the specific category.
The Dashboard tab allows customers to configure the timeline of the report and also filter the data for iOS and Android platforms. In addition to the push revenue attribution widget.
Please note that when a contact is deleted, all of the data relating to that contact is also deleted. This will retrospectively affect any reports which use contact-level data. You may experience slight changes in the following statistics on the Mobile Dashboard:
- Monthly active users
- Total installs
Anonymous contact deletion may also have an impact on your Mobile Engage reports. Depending on your anonymous contact deletion configuration, you might experience changes in the overall number of users.
For more information on the effects of contact deletion, see What happens to deleted contacts in Emarsys?
Anonymous contacts are created in Mobile Engage each time a user without a user ID (contact field value is
null) uses a Mobile Engage service from an unknown device. In this case, a new contact will be created in the contact database with their
hardware ID. Similarly, a new contact will be created if a contact logs out and there is no existing anonymous contact with the same
hardware ID in your contact database.
Note, that the data displayed on the dashboard is calculated based on time in the Central European Timezone (GMT+1). You can only display data for time periods whose final day has already passed in the CET.
- For example, if you are using the dashboard in a GMT +11 (e.g. Australia) region, you cannot select the day before yesterday until the data is available according to CET.
- Additionally, data from yesterday can be checked only after 11:00 CET on the next day.
- If you are using the dashboard in a CET region, you cannot set current day as the final day of your date range.
- When setting your date ranges, also consider the difference betweenCentral European Summer Time(GMT+2) andCentral European Standard Time(GMT+1).
Monthly Active Users (MAU)
Returns the number of contacts whom had any pre-configured activity in the last 30 days, as a moving window. If anything done by the contact in the app e.g. login, app start, click, etc, the give contact will be counted as active for the given 30 day period.
The calculation method is consistent with how Emarsys calculates MAU for billing purposes.
Daily Active Users (DAU)
Returns the number of contacts who had any pre-configured activity in the past 24 hours. If anything done by the contact in the app e.g. login, app start, click, etc, the give contact will be counted as active for the day.
New Push Opted-In
Number of contacts on a given day whom were opted out the day before but opted in (have a valid push-token) on the next day.
Number of push open events received on a given day.
The open rate can be more than 100%, as opens are not connected to sends. An example where opens could be high than 100% is if a push message was sent on day 1 but was opened the following day (i.e. day 2). The open would be included in the day 2 results along with any campaigns that were sent and opened on day 2.
Number of push messages sent on a given day.
The number of users who installed the app on a given day.
Number of distinct new app contacts, whom have first been seen on the given day.
Inactive user won back
Number of contacts on a given day whom have been inactive (no activity logged from the app at all) for at least 3 consecutive days and then become active again on this day.
Push Opted In
Number of contacts who are opted-in for push notifications, that is the total number of contacts whom have a valid push token on a given day.
Push Opted Out
Number of contacts who are opted-out from push notifications, that is an aggregated number of all those contacts whom once had a valid push token but do not have one anymore.
New Push Opted Out
Number of contacts who had a valid push token on the previous day but do not have one any more on a given day.
The number of undelivered push messages on a given day.
The number of In-app impressions on a given day.